Kinkakuji is a Zen temple in northern Kyoto, Japan, whose top two floors are completely covered in gold leaf.
It is one of the most popular buildings in Kyoto, attracting many visitors annually.
Kinkakuji was the inspiration for this virtual garden landscape design.
Created by Akiko Kinoshi.
If you like my work, please consider supporting me 🙂
- This virtual simulation will revive old memories if you visited the temple before.
- It is very relaxing, don’t be hesitant to get away from the main pathways.
- Nature and humans in a perfectly synchronized atmosphere.
- Satisfying little sitting spots to exercise your zen state.
- Secret hidden location for the genuine explorers.
- The water looks like it stopped in time, between a pond and a river flow, but never accomplishes either.
- Although the simulation is sprinkled with thematic assets, there remain some blank areas throughout.
- The music was not in theme during my visit.
- Music: 3
- Sound: 4
- Environment: 5
- Asset Usage: 4
- Design: 4
- Lag Optimized: 5
Overall Score: 83/100
Late Night Train – Vans in Japan
Four More Weeks – Vans in Japan
Buckeye Bonzai – Vans in Japan