Home sports Brazilian GP F-1 had R $ 75 million of public money in 2019

banneraliexp

Brazilian GP F-1 had R $ 75 million of public money in 2019

by Ace Damon
Brazilian GP F-1 had R $ 75 million of public money in 2019

Today´s Deals

The Interlagos race track received this year R $ 75.2 million from the public coffers to receive the F-1 Brazil GP, which happens between the 15th and 18th of this month. The values ​​were raised by Folha based on contracts published in the Official Gazette and confirmed by the press office of SP Obras, the company responsible for urban furniture in the city of São Paulo.

Of the R $ 75 million, R $ 51.7 million was used for lane improvements and race track dependencies, mainly in the pits. Most of this, $ 41 million, was paid by the federal government, and the rest by the city of Sao Paulo.

“We enlarged the boxes by removing concrete pillars and using metal beams to increase the right foot, and we also added removable walls. The floor was changed and we installed LED lighting, ”said Luís Ernesto Morales, engineer responsible for the GP Brasil circuit since 2000.

Under the argument that F1 is a profitable event for city economy, the city pays every year the infrastructure expenses. In 2019, R $ 23.5 million was allocated to contracts with service providers. These include gardening, drinking water supply, cleaning service (including hospital waste and sewage), installation of compressed air in the pits, audio and video system, closed circuit TV and UPS, as well as the hiring of large machines for carry team containers.

Last year, the city announced spending of $ 7.4 million on works and $ 28.7 million on infrastructure. In contrast, SPTuris (city tourism company) says that the race moved about $ 334 million with tourism, a growth of 19.2% compared to $ 280 million recorded in 2017.

No representative of the government wanted to comment on the investments of GP Brazil 2019 on Wednesday (6), before the press conference this Thursday with the presence of the tourism secretary, Orlando Faria, and the Secretary of Works, Vitor Aly, besides in Tamas Rohonyi, owner of Interpub, the company promoting the event.

Although celebrating the tourist gains with the proof, the city tries to get rid of the annual expenses with Interlagos that go beyond the Brazilian GP, ​​which occurs since 1990. On Wednesday, the management Bruno Covas (PSDB) launched the notice of concession of the race track for 35 years.

The mayor, who is undergoing cancer treatment at the Syrian-Lebanese hospital, estimates that the deal will bring a benefit of $ 1 billion to Sao Paulo. He said in a video that the award is "important in order to ensure the continuity of the grand prize here."

“The city will have a financial benefit of over R $ 1 billion, between not taking care of that space, the investment that will be made and the tax that will be collected, besides that the city may apply the resource and its attention in essential activities. , such as education, health, safety and transportation, ”said Covas.

To reach this account, Covas estimates that the winner of the bid will have to make a fixed minimum payment of R $ 198 million and variable grant (fee for the right to explore the space) of R $ 177 million. The city would also save with the planned annual investments ($ 466 million over the 35 years) and tax revenue. The winner will be able to use the 900 m² space to explore events and build projects such as hotel, mall and supermarket.

The city may use the race track for 80 days when it wants to give in to F-1. According to Rohonyi, the deadline is enough to organize the stage.

Interpub's contract with FOM (holder of F-1's commercial rights and belonging to the Liberty group), goes until the end of next year. With the participation of the city hall and the governor of the state of São Paulo, João Doria, Interpub tries to extend this bond, but this year won the competition from the Rio de Janeiro consortium.

In May, the Rio Motorpark won bid to build the Deodoro racetrack in Rio de Janeiro, and sought FOM to make a proposal and transfer the event to the city.

As an ally, Rio has the commitment of the president of the Republic, Jair Bolsonaro (PSL). In May he signed a cooperation agreement to take the evidence to Rio de Janeiro.

The bidding is suspended by the Rio de Janeiro Justice until the company presents the study of environmental impact of the Camboatá forest work. Construction of the racetrack, with a 4.5-kilometer track, has not yet begun.

The investment of R $ 41 million from the federal government in São Paulo for this year's test refers to the last installment of the agreement with the municipality, totaling R $ 160 million, signed in 2013 in the first term of the then president Dilma Rousseff (PT). ).

In this ocasion, Bernie Ecclestone, who commanded the F-1 at the time had threatened to withdraw the test from Sao Paulo in the face of complaints from teams mainly due to lack of spaces to work.

The money was transferred to City Hall through the Growth Acceleration Plan (PAC), in six steps. As of 2014, there was revitalization of the asphalt, expansion of the paddock (where teams set up cafeterias and meeting rooms) and, lastly, the last pit renovations that began in March this year.

. (tagsToTranslate) formula 1 (t) sheet

bannerebay

DIVIDER1

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

19 + thirteen =

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Top Services Available: Try Amazon HomeClose